Nordic Solar A/S is in search of a dynamic and solution-oriented Software Developer to play a pivotal role in their mission to significantly boost the automation of software processes. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape the IT policies and drive the digitalization efforts. Your actions will have immediate results on the optimization of renewable energy assets.
Reporting directly to Head of IT & Digitalisation, you will have a crucial role in automating software processes initially in the analytical asset team. You will not only set up automation systems but also help maintain and work with algorithms to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness. You will work with Nordic Solar’s software solutions, including Operation BI, a tool which collects, processes, and presents data from solar power plants to aid business decision-making and performance assessments.
As a Software Developer, your key responsibilities include:
Maintenance and enhancement of Operation BI
- Act as the primary custodian for the Operation BI solution, ensuring its smooth operation and uptime.
- Regularly assess the software’s health, conduct debugging and troubleshooting, and implement necessary patches or upgrades.
- Extend the current software capabilities based on business needs, integrating new features, and improving the user experience.
Azure Infrastructure Management
- Oversee the Azure infrastructure where Operation BI operates, ensuring its optimal performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Configure, manage, and optimize Azure services including Azure Functions, Synapse Analytics, Apache Spark, Power BI, and others necessary for the smooth functioning of Operation BI.
Data Handling and Processing
- Integrate Operation BI solution with solar power plant monitoring systems to extract data via RESTful APIs
- Ensure proper and efficient data ingestion into the Azure Data Lake.
- Process and prepare data for analytical and reporting purposes.
Power BI Reporting
- Develop, configure, and manage Power BI (Azure) reports.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand reporting requirements and ensure that the data visualizations cater to business needs.
- Participate in development projects including dialog with consultants.
Software Developer with a passion for delivering high-quality solutions
You, as the ideal candidate for this role, should hold at least a bachelor’s degree in software development, software engineering, or a related field. In addition, you should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in software development, with a specific emphasis on C#, Azure, RESTful APIs and Python. Proficiency in PowerBI is a plus.
Experience or familiarity with the solar power industry, particularly in areas such as monitoring and SCADA systems, and their data sources, is a significant advantage. Additionally, knowledge or experience in AI and machine learning is also highly beneficial.
Experienced candidate who likes to contribute with new ideas
On a personal note, Nordic Solar is seeking a candidate with a diverse skill set. You should be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Strong problem-solving abilities, sharp analytical skills, and attention to detail are essential.
Furthermore, Nordic Solar values candidates who are proactive and unafraid to challenge existing approaches. The ideal candidate should have an agile mindset, capable of finding solutions, addressing issues, and consistently demonstrating a proactive attitude
About Nordic Solar A/S
Since its establishment in 2010, Nordic Solar has focused on building a green and sustainable solar energy company while ensuring an attractive return for shareholders at the same time. Nordic Solar develops, builds, and operates industrial solar parks in Europe and is committed to creating the largest and most professional solar energy company in the Nordic region.
The company gives priority to creating an engaging and value driven workplace. The culture is collaborative and there is a great management focus of creating a workplace where everyone thrives and is heard. Nordic Solar is also very dedicated to the health of its employees which is why they offer physical training (optional), an attractive canteen scheme, the possibility of psychotherapy sessions, company-subsidized massage, and much more. The team behind Nordic Solar is very versatile both in age, nationality, educational background, and experience. This represents a strength both professionally and socially while implying inclusiveness and adaptability.
In the coming years, Nordic Solar has ambitions to continue its high growth rate and expects a tripling of the capacity of its solar parks in operation by the end of 2025; A plan that requires investments of up to DKK 5 billion in the years to come.
For more information, please visit: https://nordicsolar.eu/
Apply for the position
If the above matches your profile, we would love to hear from you. You apply for the position by following the link “Søg stillingen” and submitting your CV. Applicants will be assessed on an ongoing basis. MINDWEISS is handling the recruitment process on behalf of Nordic Solar.