Nordic Solar is looking for a dedicated Senior Associate to the Structured & Project Finance Team, whose primary responsibility will be to secure debt financing for the numerous projects underway across Europe. Currently, Nordic Solar’s projects span 10 countries. The position is a unique opportunity to become part of a dynamic department in a growth company that focuses on solar energy.
Join the Structured & Project Finance team and lead debt-related efforts in close collaboration with colleagues from the M&A and Legal teams as well as the Finance and Operation departments. Your main task is to secure debt financing for the numerous projects that Nordic Solar is developing across Europe. Contribute directly to the strategic planning and execution of financing at the group level, an area of increasing importance due to Nordic Solar’s growth journey. Taking on the position, your main responsibilities are:
- Develop and structure appropriate financing solutions for new solar PV projects. This involves identifying suitable funding sources, preparing financial models, and determining the most cost-effective financing options.
- Participate in negotiations for project financing deals, including terms and conditions, interest rates, collateral, covenants, and repayment schedules. Structure deals that align with the company’s financial objectives and risk tolerance.
- Work closely with various stakeholders, including project managers, executives, legal teams, and external financiers or investors. Communicate financial insights and recommendations effectively to support decision-making processes.
- Participating in obtaining PPA contracts and in this context managing the coordination with the banks providing the debt
- Assisting in the preparation of ancillary documents to the financial agreements
- Preparation of decision material for the management
- Preparation of presentations to potential lenders and other stakeholders
- Participating in providing overall guarantee lines with insurance companies and banks as well as executing actual individual guarantees
- Ongoing optimization of the existing loan portfolio, i.e. refinancing of existing project finance facilities
- Participating in the planning and execution of debt facilities at parent level
As Senior Associate, you will work with colleagues across departments and disciplines. The goal is that, in the long term, you can manage your projects and independently handle external dialogues, including optimizing and structuring the workflows. You will report directly to the Director of Structured & Project Finance.
Proficient Analysis in Debt Markets and Infrastructure Financing
We imagine you have a master’s degree in finance (cand.merc.fir., cand.merc.aud., cand.polit/oecon, MBA or similar, maybe from abroad) You have a strong understanding of numbers and are strong in financial models and Excel (preferably Excel VBA). In addition, you have minimum 3 years of experience in structured or project finance, preferably in a client-facing role within the financial sector. Alternatively, experience in a similar role within the energy industry or with an institutional infrastructure investor. We imagine you have a good grasp of the financial markets, interest rate trends, financial documentation, and an understanding of various debt instruments to make informed decisions regarding the best financing options available.
Dynamic and Adaptable Collaborator who values a social working environment
On a personal level, we imagine you are someone who is positive and adaptable to new colleagues and tasks. With a natural sense of humour and a “can do” attitude, you effortlessly recognize opportunities rather than limitations. You appreciate a friendly and informal working environment where you feel responsible and dare to challenge existing practices.
About Nordic Solar A/S
Since its establishment in 2010, Nordic Solar has focused on building a green and sustainable solar energy company while ensuring an attractive return for shareholders at the same time. Nordic Solar develops, builds, and operates industrial solar parks in Europe and is committed to creating the largest and most professional solar energy company in the Nordic region.
The company gives priority to creating an engaging and value driven workplace. The culture is collaborative and there is a great management focus of creating a workplace where everyone thrives and is heard. Nordic Solar is also dedicated to the health of its employees which is why they offer physical training (optional), an attractive canteen scheme, the possibility of psychotherapy sessions, company-subsidized massage, and much more. The team behind Nordic Solar is versatile both in age, nationality, educational background, and experience. This represents a strength both professionally and socially while implying inclusiveness and adaptability.
In the coming years, Nordic Solar has ambitions to continue its high growth rate and expects a tripling of the capacity of its solar parks in operation by the end of 2025; A plan that requires investments of up to DKK 10 billion in the years to come.
For more information, please visit: https://nordicsolar.eu/
Apply for the position
If the above matches your profile, we would love to hear from you. You apply for the position by following the link “Søg stillingen” and submitting your CV. Applicants will be assessed on an ongoing basis. MINDWEISS is handling the recruitment process on behalf of Nordic Solar.